So, are you tired of logging in everytime on facebook? Putting your email id/facebook username and password. Wish there was a secure way in which you would have been automatically logged into facebook? There is! And the way is by connecting facebook and google account (gmail).
It's pretty simple, safe and secure. All you have to do is to connect your gmail/google account with facebook once. Then everytime you are logged into gmail and open facebook, you will automatically be logged in. What's more. Even if you try to logout, facebook will relogin you :-)
Here is how this goes.
- Go to find your friends on facebook. It is on the right hand side bar. You will notice something like this. Now enter your gmail ID when asked as shown below.
- This will open a pop up as shown below. If you are not already logged into gmail, it will ask you to log in to your gmail account.
- After you have logged in, or if you are already logged in, you will see the request from google on behalf of facebook to access your contact information. Below there is a check box about remembering this authorization. Make sure that option is checked for auto login. Don't worry, I will tell you how to revoke this privilage, if you want to later at the end of this post.
- After authentication, you will see a screen which will be something like the one below. This is where facebook has authenticated your google account and is now, fetching your friends who are on facebook. Let facebook do their job.
- Now you will find a list of your contacts from your gmail, who are on facebook. If you wish, you can send them a friend request, or you may skip this step.
- Now that is all. Your facebook account is connected to your gmail account and you are ready for passwordless login on facebook. To test this, logout of your facebook account, but remain logged in your gmail account. After you have logged out, you will see facebook logging you again into your account. Like the one shown below.
- If you ever wish to revoke permissions of facebook from your google account, just go to google.com and click on Google Account Settings.
- Next, click on Change Authorized Websites to see the list of websites you have authorized. Find for Facebook there, and click on revoke access. That's all you have now successfully disconnected facebook and google account.